The Written Word of God
Trinity Lutheran Church accepts the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as the written Word of God and the only rule and norm of faith and practice. Therefore...
- We believe that God; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; is the creator of the universe and therefore the creator of mankind.
- We believe that mankind rebelled against God. Because of our sin, any attempts to please God apart from Christ are impossible. We need forgiveness and new life. God provides it through His grace.
- We believe that through God's grace He gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to live, suffer, die, and rise again as our only Savior.
- We believe that God applies the gift of grace to us through Word and Sacrament:
- We believe that the faith necessary to believe that God gives us these gifts of grace is itself a gift which God works in us. We cannot boast of our belief as our own decision, our own work.
Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast.